Roasted Chicken With Mango-Kiwi Salsa
A delicious roasted chicken with a fruity sauce. The chicken is rubbed and marinated in culinary herbs mixtures that consists of rosemary. turmeric, curry powder, salt and lemon juice. And with a fruity mango ad kiwi salsa, I think is is perfect. And for a little cooking advice, to shorten the roasting time, slice the chicken into quarters. For the salsa, select mangoes that are a little sweet and medium ripe so they are still firm when tossed with the rest of the ingredients.
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 whole chicken, quartered
- In a bowl, combine rosemary, turmeric, curry powder, salt, and lemon juice.
- Rub on the chicken and let stand for about one hour Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Drain chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Cook chicken about 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of the meat is pricked.
- Serve with mango-kiwi salsa.
How to make mango-kiwi salsa:
2 mangoes, remove skin and seed and coarsely chopped
2 kiwi, remove skin and seed coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon minced wansuy leaves
- In mixing bowl, combine mangoes, kiwi, vinegar, ginger, and wansuy Mix well to combine.