Pork Tinola With Banana Heart & Green Papaya
Pork tinola is almost the same as nilagang baboy or boiled pork with vegetables. The method of cooking are both similar, boiling the meat until tender then adding in the vegetables. The only difference is the vegetables used in cooking boiled pork because tinola is, as a default is a chicken dish and the vegetable used is green papaya.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sliced onion
- ¼ kilo pork spareribs, cut into serving pieces
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups rice washing
- 2 cups sliced banana heart
- 2 cups sliced green papaya
- 3 cups sili or chili leaves
- Saute garlic, onion and spareribs. Season with salt.
- Add rice washing and let boil. Simmer until the meat is tender.
- Add banana heart, green papaya and cook again for 8 minutes.
- Add sili leaves and cook 2 minutes more. Serve hot.