Pork and Beef Adobo with Beef liver
If you are confused which meat you would like to cook for adobo, then why not combine them? This recipe is a combination of pork and beef plus beef liver to enhance the flavor.
1 kilo beef
1 kilo pork
1/2 kilo beef liver
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cup water
1 Tbsp. annato or atchuete seeds (soaked in 3 Tbsp hot water)
ground black pepper
salt to taste
1 cup vinegar
How cook the pork and beef adobo:
- Cut pork, beef, and liver to serving pieces.
- Marinate pork and beef in a mixture of vinegar, minced garlic, and ground pepper.
- Color with little achuete juice (liquid from soaked annato seeds).
- Put meat mixture in a frying pan and allow to boil without stirring.
- Add the water and cook at simmering temperature until tender.
- When the meat is tender, add the beef liver and let boil again for about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste. Remove the meat and liver and remaining gravy leaving the pork in the pan.
- Render the fat from the pork and fry for a while until the meat is golden brown.
- Return the meat liver and fry for a while. Then, add the gravy and boil once.
- Arrange meat in a platter and pour the gravy over it.
- Serve hot. Good for 10 to 12 persons.