Nilagang manok or boiled chicken soup is one of the simplest Filipino recipes by just boiling the chicken and dumping all the vegetables and spices in a pot and presto! you have a tasty nilagang manok dish.
- 1 kilo chicken (cut into desired sizes)
- 6 cups water
- 20 pcs whole peppercorns
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 big onion (quartered)
- 2 potatoes (pared and quartered)
- 1 head cabbage (quartered)
- 4 saba bananas (halved)
- 1 small bundle green onion, cut into 2 inch length
- ¼ kg. green beans, stringed and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 fresh pechay (native)
- Place chicken in a big kettle with water, peppercorns, salt, onion, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender.
- Add potatoes, bananas, cabbage, pechay, green onions and green beans and cook for a few minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Add water and season to taste. Serve hot. Good for 8 persons.