Sardinas na Bangus (Milk Fish Sardines)
Want to make your own milkfish sardines and thinks that buying a canned bangus sardines seems a but costly? Now you can make your own bangus sardines at home with very simple equipment and ingredients. The recipe I got here is tastier than the commercial ones the you see on supermarket shelves.
To make sardinas na bangus; Clean bangus but do not remove scales. Put rack into the pressure cooker. Arrange bangus in layers the add in the rest of the ingredients. Cover. Bring to a boil until steady steam flows out of the vent. Place pressure control on vent. Cook for an hour. Let cool. Remove bangus from cooker. You can serve it right away or store it in jars and refrigerate. If you want to store it for a long time you have to learn canning. It is not necessarily using tin cans but any containers like glass jars that can seal the contents airtight and killing the micro organisms by exposing it first in high temperatures. To see the rest of the recipe with the exact measurement of ingredients, see below.
- 1 kilo bangus (milk fish)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 pcs hot chili peppers
- ¾ cup brandy or rum
- ½ cup sweet mixed pickles
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup green olives
- 1 tsp MSG (vetsin)
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 pc bay leaf (laurel leaves)
- Clean bangus but do not remove scales. Put rack into the pressure cooker.
- Arrange bangus in layers the add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover. Bring to a boil until steady steam flows out of the vent.
- Place pressure control on vent. Cook for an hour. Let cool.
- Remove bangus from cooker. Serve.