4 kilos lechon de leche ( dressed piglet )
1 Tbsp black pepper
3 Tbsp rock salt
1 tsp MSG (optional) Oil for basting
For the liver sauce:
100g liver pate
75g stale white breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt Black pepper, freshly ground
3 cloves garlic
How to cook lechon:
- Clean and prepare the dressed pig by scraping the bristles. Rub the mixture of pepper, salt and MSG (optional) onto the skin of the pig. Stretch the pig and secure on skewers.
- Cook over hot charcoal fire, basting frequently with the oil and turning it around continuously to achieve even cooking.
To make the sauce:
- Place the liver pate in a bowl. Add vinegar, breadcrumbs, sugar, salt and freshly-ground black pepper. Pour 40 milliliters of cold water into the bowl and stir.
- Finely chop the garlic and onions. Heat the lard in a large pan and sauté half the garlic until golden and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onions and the remaining garlic to the pan and sauté until soft and translucent. Pour the pate mixture, including the liquid, and bring to a boil. Let it boil rapidly for one minute.
[tag]lechon,filipino food,meat recipe,pork[/tag]