This recipe came from the Chinese. A Chinese delicacy which have been part of the Filipino diet.
1/4 kilo shelled shrimp
1/4 kilo pork fat, minced
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
How to make Kikiam:
- Shell shrimps and chop coarsely. Put in a bowl with the pork fat. Add flour, eggs, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Mix thoroughly and make a small patty and try to check the seasoning.
- Form small patties and fry in hot oil.
- Drain well and put over paper napkins to absorb the oil. Serve hot with sauce on the side.
1 big radish grated finely
1 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put grated radish in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let stand for 5 minutes then squeeze out juice.
- Put in a colander and wash out salt. Drain.
- Return radish to bowl. Add vinegar, sugar and salt.