Fried Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce
This fried chicken has cornflakes crusts and the blue cheese has a pleasing contrasts in taste and texture. If you like the taste of blue cheese, then you will love the taste of the blue cheese sauce. The creaminess balances he flavor of the fried chicken.
For the chicken:
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. calamansi juice
1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
3 Tbsp honey mustard
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh milk
1 cup crushed cornflakes
Cooking oil for deep frying
For the blue cheese sauce:
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1/4 cup mayonaise
1 wedge blue cheese, crumbled
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. minced garlic
Salt and pepper
How to cook Fried Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce:
- In a mixing bowl, combine salt, pepper, calamansi juice, Tabasco sauce, and honey mustard.
- Mix thoroughly. Add chicken and marinate overnight.
- Drain chicken from the marinade. Dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- Dip in fresh milk then roll in cornflakes. Refrigerate about 10 minutes.
- In a deep fryer, heat 1-1/2 inches cooking oil.
- Fry chicken until fully cooked and golden on all sides, turning once.
- Drain chicken on paper towels. Set aside.
- To make the blue cheese sauce: In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Mix well.
- Chill. Serve with fried chicken.