Crab Stuffed Fish Fillet
Searching for a special fish fillet recipe? I think this sumptuous fish fillet stuffed with crab meat filling is the one you are looking for. Ingredients are very basic which can be easily found in supermarkets or wet market. It is better to buy fresh fish in the wet market if you want to make your own fillet or you can buy frozen fish fillet already packed in supermarkets. And with regards to crab meat, you can use frozen, canned or make your own crab meat by boiling or steaming fresh blue crabs then and remove the meat.
720 gms lapu-lapu fillet
6 slices Quickmelt Cheese, thinly sliced
oil for frying
1 cup crabmeat
1/3 cup fresh milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup button mushrooms, finely chopped
1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in a little amount of water for thickening
How to cook Crab Stuffed Fish Fillet
- Lightly season fish fillet with salt and pepper.
- Set aside. Saute onion in butter until transparent.
- Stir in crab meat, button mushrooms and water.
- Let simmer for a minute or two.
- Add in fresh milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Thicken with cornstarch. Heat oil for frying.
- Slit an opening in the middle of the fish enough to fill at least 1 tablespoon of the crabmeat filling.
- Fill fish with crab meat at least 1 tablespoon full.
- Do not put too much filling so it won’t spill out of the fish.
- Cook fish on one side then carefully flip it over to cook the other side.
- Before removing fish from the pan, place a slice of cheese on top of each fish and let it melt.
- Remove from pan and serve hot with rice pilaf.