Chicken Feet Adobo
This chicken feet adobo recipe is one of the delicacies of Pinoys. But I think it is an Asian dish and there are dozens of Chinese dishes of chicken feet with soy sauce. On the contrary, when you say adobo, that is truly a Filipino dish. When buying chicken feet in the wet market, it is very advantageous to that is is already cleaned, skin and nails already removed. It will be time consuming if you will do it yourself.
- 1 kilo chicken feet, cleaned, skin and nails removed
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 pcs red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 pcs green chili peppers (siling haba)
- 4 cups water
- In a medium size or wok, heat oil and saute garlic until fragrant and slightly brown.
- Then put all the chicken feet on the wok and stir for a few seconds then add the onions, bay leaves, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, chili peppers.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and cover. Do not mix the chicken feet while cooking.
- Next, add the water and black pepper. Mix the chicken feet for a few seconds then cover.
- Cook on low fire and simmer for about 1 to 1½ hours or until the sauce is slightly thick and the chicken feet is already tender.
- If the chicken feet is still tough, add more water until it is already tender.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.