This dish is I think a Kapampangan version of the paella. Bringhe is almost similar to the famous Spanish rice dish called paella containing rice, meat, seafood and vegetables. But the most obvious difference is that bringhe contains coconut milk which paella doesn’t have. And bringhe uses glutinous rice instead of regular rice that is why bringhe is very sticky compared to paella. It’s like you are eating rice cake.
- 1 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 piece chorizo Bilbao, sliced
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Chorizo de Bilbao lard
- ½ cup turmeric juice (about 2 pieces peeled and pounded)
- 1 cup glutinous rice, washed
- 1 cup rice, washed
- 4 cups thin coconut milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small can pimientos
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- patis to taste
- banana leaves
- In a large wok, sauté garlic and onions in the lard. Add chicken and brown, add chorizo and ginger juice.
- Simmer for a few minutes and add the malagkit and the rice. Pour in the coconut milk.
- Season with patis and add the bay leaf. Cook covered with banana leaves.
- When rice is cooked, pile into a serving platter and garnish with sliced pimientos and egg.