Bangus Belly a la Pobre
This bangus dish is more of a bistek style recipe. The milkfish bellies are marinate first in the mixture of kalamansi, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Then it is lightly fried in cooking oil and drizzled with fried garlic in olive oil. A really good alternative to plain fried bangus bellies or dinaing na bangus.
2 pcs bangus bellies (milk fish bellies)
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
2 pcs calamansi (lime), extract the juice
1 Tbsp chopped olives
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsps olive oil
cooking oil for frying
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Bangus Belly a la Pobre
- Combine calamansi juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Use this to marinate bangus bellies for at least 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add chopped garlic and cook until light brown.
- Remove from heat. Season bangus bellies with some salt and fry in a saute pan.
- Place fried bangus bellies on plate and drizzle with garlic chips in olive oil.
- Garnish with chopped olives.