Apricot and Prune Roasted Chicken
Another appetizing dish is this fruity roasted chicken. To those who loves meat dishes with fruits, I’m sure you’re going to love this roasted chicken. Unlike the usual oven roasted chicken that are cooked in the oven whole, this recipe requires you to marinate the cut up chicken in apricot jam, prunes, balsamic vinegar, pepper, garlic, sage and salt. Then you put it in a casserole and roast it inside the oven. Great for lunch or dinner and this can also be serve this coming Valentine’s day if you plan to have your dinner at home.
1 whole chicken, cut in 12 serving pieces
For the marinade:
1-1/4 cups apricot jam
7 prunes, chopped
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 Tbsp salt
1/2 Tbsp freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp dried sage
How to cook Fruity Apricot and Prune Roasted Chicken:
- Mix all marinade ingredients together. Add chicken pieces and toss until evenly coated. Marinade for 1 hour.
- In a deep casserole, arrange chicken pieces, skin side up and spaced evenly in one layer.
- Cover and keep chilled until you are ready to roast the chicken.
- Roast chicken in a 350 °F oven until lightly browned and cooked through, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Pierce chicken with a fork to check if the juices run clear. Serve warm.