Adobado simply means “marinated” although this word is similar to “adobo”, they don’t mean the same thing. There are other variation of adobado but this recipe calls for duck meat as the main ingredient.
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon cooking oil
100 grams duck meat, minced
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon patis (fish sauce)
Pinch of cracked whole peppercorns
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons sherry
pinch of salt
1 cup cooked rice
1 tablespoon chopped toasted duck skin
1 can whole cranberry sauce (for garnish)
How to cook duck adobado:
- Saute garlic in oil. Add minced duck meat and saute until tender.
- Season with vinegar, patis, peppercorns and cayenne. Add sherry and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season to taste. Set aside. Fry the rice with garlic.
- Arrange the fried rice and the duck meat in a platter.
- Garnish with toasted duck skin and cranberry sauce.