Looking for a budget friendly dish or a viand that will satisfy your cravings? I’m sure you are going to love this dish because not only it is easy to cook and low cost, it is also delicious and your kids will love it! So the next time you will get those hotdogs from the fridge, don’t just fry it, cook a tasty dish like this sweet hotdog bistek!
How to Cook Sweet Hotdog Bistek
- 20 to 22 pcs cocktail size hotdogs
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 raw egg
- 2 pcs white onions sliced into rings
- 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper or to taste
For the sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. catsup
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- How to Cook Sweet Hotdog Bistek
- Put hotdogs in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix the hotdogs with the seasoning.
- Crack one egg on the hotdogs and add the flour and cornstarch. Mix all the ingredients until the flour-egg mixture turns into a batter.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of cooking oil in a pan and stir-fry the onions for 1 minute then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat 1 cup of cooking oil in a pan or wok then fry the hotdogs until golden brown. Remove from oil put in the strainer to drain excess oil.
- In an empty pan, heat butter until melted and add ketchup, soy sauce, sugar and black pepper.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved and simmer until the sauce is slightly thick.
- Add the hotdogs and toss until well coated with the sauce. Add the onions and toss again. Serve hot with cooked rice and enjoy!