This pancit bihon guisado version is very easy and the ingredients are simple and easy to find and prepare. Actually cooking pancit bihon need not be loaded with lots of ingredients to make it tasty. The truth is, if the bihon noodles are tasty enough, no amount of garnishing or other complex ingredients can make it taste better. You will be surprised this pancit bihon contains simple ingredients such as cabbage, carrots, green beans, squidballs, pork, and Chinese chorizo or longganisang Macau. No need for expensive shrimps or prawns or Chinese mushrooms to make it tasty.
Pancit Bihon Guisado (Easy to Cook Version)
- 500 grams bihon noodles dried
- 250 grams pork liempo sliced
- 1/4 head cabbage chopped
- 1 pc carrot slice into strips
- 200 grams Baguio beans sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium sized onion minced
- 2 pcs longganisang macau Chinese chorizo,sliced diagonally 1/8 inch thick
- 1 cup squid balls quartered
- 1 shrimp boullion cube
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- cooking oil for sauteing
How to Cook Pancit Bihon Guisado:
- Soak the bihon noodles in water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a hot wok, put 3 tablespoon cooking oil and saute the squid balls until slightly brown, remove from wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, saute the longganisang macau until brown, remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat same wok again and add more oil then saute garlic and onion until onions are soft.
- Add in the pork and season with salt and pepper. Saute the pork for a minute then cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes while sauteing from time to time. Stir until the fat is rendered.
- Then pour the oyster sauce and stir. Next add in the soy sauce and continue stirring. Season with ground pepper.
- Add in the shrimp cube, carrots, Baguio beans and cabbage. Stir again for a minute then pour the water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer the vegetables until half cooked.
- Then add the squid balls, longganisang macau and soaked bihon noodles. Then toss the ingredients using two spatulas.
- Toss until the bihon noodles absorbed the liquid and the pancit is almost dry.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with sliced calamansi. Garnish with fried garlic if desired.
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pancit Bihon Guisado the Easy Way: