Making a burger steak is as simple as making your hamburger. You will find it so easy to prepare. This is somewhat a copy cat of the Jollibee burger steak, a savory and moist beef burgers smothered with a rich and tasty mushroom gravy sauce paired with steaming rice or mashed potatoes. Burger steak is actually a Pinoy version of Salisbury steak and one of the cheapest dish on the Jollibee’s menu and it could be cheaper if you will make your own burger steak with mushroom gravy. The combination of ground pork and ground beef is what makes this burger steak so delicious. Although you can make burger patties out of pure ground beef or ground pork, combining them will make the patties more savory because the pork fat will give more flavor to the ground beef.
How to Cook Burger Steak Jollibee Style
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 piece white onion minced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1 tsp. sugar
Ingredients for Mushroom Gravy:
- 2 Tbsp. oil from fried patties
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sliced button mushroom
- 2 cups beef broth 1 beef cube dissolved in 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Burger Steak Jollibee Style:
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground pork, ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, black pepper, salt, egg and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly and form into patties on a wax paper. Freeze for at least 30 minutes or more.
- In a non-stick pan or stove top grill, cook the patties for at least 3 minutes on each sides or until golden brown. Transfer to a serving dish and set aside to assemble late with the mushroom sauce.
- To make the mushroom sauce, saute the mushroom in a pan with a little oil until all sides are seared. Set aside.
- Heat a pan and put the oil and butter. Melt the butter until it is hot enough and test by sprinkling a little flour and when it bubbles, it is ready. Then put in the flour. Stir until the mixture turns light brown and turns into a roux or paste.
- Pour in the beef broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Stir until it turns into a thick gravy. Put in the mushrooms and stir for a minute.
- Pour over the burger steak and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!