If you are looking for a unique veggie dish, I think this recipe here is a good choice. It’s not as hard as you think to prepare and cook this dish. You only need to stuff the Chinese cabbage leaves with the meat mixture by wrapping the mixture with the leaves. Then steam it to cook the meat inside. But you can skip this steaming process if you will use ground chicken. If you will use ground pork or beef, then you need to steam it to cook it thoroughly. After that, you will coat it with breading by dredging it with cornstarch, dipping it in beaten eggs and coating it with bread crumbs. You see? is that easy or what? I’m sure you are going to love it! So what are you waiting for? Start cooking now!
How to Cook Breaded Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1 big Chinese cabbage Napa cabbage
- 500 grams ground pork or chicken
- 1/2 cup minced carrot
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 piece minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. spring onion
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 raw egg
- cornstarch for coating
- Japanese bread crumbs for breading
- 2 pcs beaten eggs for dipping
- cooking oil for deep frying
How to Cook Breaded Stuffed Cabbage Rolls:
- Cut the bottom part of the Chinese cabbage to separate the leaves. Wash and drain the cabbage leaves in a colander to dry.
- Boil water in a pot and blanch each leaves for 10 to 15 seconds and soak in cold water for a few minutes.
- Drain the leaves again and put in a colander to let it dry.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground pork or chicken, carrots, garlic, onion, spring onion, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ground black pepper and egg. Mix all the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Lay a piece of cabbage leaf on a clean flat surface. Then put 2 Tbsp. of meat mixture on a bottom portion of the leaf then roll to wrap the filling.
- Tack the sides of the leaf as you wrap the filling. Do the same procedure on the rest of the ingredients.
- Steam stuffed cabbage rolls for 8 minutes and let is cool. Beat eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the bowl containing cornstarch, Japanese breading and beaten eggs. Dredge each stuffed cabbge in cornstarch, then dip in beaten eggs then coat with Japanese bread crumbs.
- Heat cooking oil deep enough to deep fry the stuffed cabbage. Fry until golden brown and put in a colander or strainer to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!