Tuna Stuffed Pepper
This is a tasty and unique tuna dish. The sweet pepper or bell pepper is stuffed with tuna chunks mixture of cooked potatoes, butter, flour, evaporated milk and pepper. Then covered with bread crumbs and cheese and baked until cooked.
4-5 large green bell pepper
1 cup cooked potatoes cut in small cubes
1 small can tuna chunks
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 Tbsp. flour
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated cheese
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
How to make tuna stuffed pepper
- Cut off top of peppers, remove seeds. Drop in boiling water (with a little salt).
- Let stand for a few seconds and drain. Then set aside.
- Drain tuna chunks. Flake into big pieces and add diced potatoes.
- Melt butter in saucepan then add flour, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Then remove from heat.
- Then combine tune and the above milk mixture. Fill pepper with this mixture.
- Cover with bread crumbs and grated cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 340 °F for 20 minutes.