Tinumok (Shrimp Mixture Wrap in Taro Leaves)
Tinumok is gabi or taro root leaves filled with mixture of shrimps, flakes fish, buko meat, onion, shrimp paste and boiled in coconut milk. This recipe is very similar to ginataang laing which gabi leaves cooked in coconut milk with pork or fish but the only difference is this recipe use whole gabi leaves then filled with the ingredients mentioned above.
- ½ kilo shrimps
- ¼ kilo flaked fish
- 150 gms onion
- 100 gms minced ginger
- 1 kilo buko meat, chopped
- 25 pcs gabi leaves
- 2 cups gata (coconut cream)
- 2 Tbsp. bagoong alamang
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together alt ingredients of filling.
- Wash gabi leaves and wipe to remove excess water.
- Put 30 gms of filling in the middle of gabi leaf.
- Fold both ends of leaf and tie with a thread to secure it.
- In a pan, arrange wrapped filled gabi leaves.
- Add bagoong alamang on top and 2 cups gata.
- Bring to a boil over low heat until cooked. Dash with salt and pepper.
- To serve, add 2 tablespoons of thick coconut cream.