Tilapia in Pineapple-Ginger Sauce
I will show you how to prepare a delicious sauce to spice up your fried fish fillet. This recipe is very similar to sweet and sour fish but with the addition of pineapple chunks and ginger sauce. This is a very simple sweet and sour you can make anytime on any occasion.
- ¾ kilo tilapia, filleted and cut into chunks (12 pcs)
- 2 Tbsp. flour or cornstarch
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 large (about ¼ kilo) singkamas (yam bean) cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 can (234g) DEL MONTE Fresh Cut Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in
- ¼ cup water
- 2 stalks green onions, cut 1" long
- Sprinkle fish with 1 tsp. iodized salt (or 1 Tbsp. rock salt). Coat with flour or cornstarch.
- Fry in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Saute ginger and singkamas in margarine.
- Add DEL MONTE Fresh Cut Pineapple Chunks and syrup, 1 Tbsp. sugar, ¼ tsp. iodized salt (or ¼ Tbsp. rock salt), 2 Tbsp. soy sauce and dissolved cornstarch.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over fried fish. Top with green onions.
- Makes 6 Servings.