Baked Stuffed Tahong (Mussels)
This is a dish of mussels baked and stuffed with butter mixture containing butter, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Cooking is this dish is very simple but there is a step that you don’t have to omit before cooking the mussels. Soak the mussels in water containing a teaspoon of salt for the mussels to spit out any sand or impurities. You also have to trim the hairs sticking out of the shell using a scissors.
- 1 kilo tahong (mussels)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 cup butter, creamed
- sprig of parsley, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak mussels and allow sand to spit out.
- Boil tahong in water together with onion, salt and pepper.
- Cook until mussels open. Let cool and set aside.
- Mix butter, garlic and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place tahong on one shell. Cover with butter mixture. Arrange them in a tray and Bake tahong at 350°F.
- Wait till butter melts and a film with garlic and parsley mixture settles on top.
- Serve hot.