This spicy shrimp recipe can be a great appetizer or a viand. With lots of spices in this recipe like red chili, ginger, star anise I’m sure your craving for a spicy seafood will be satisfied. Although the recipe calls for a sherry, which I think is not easy to find in a supermarket and you have to find an alcoholic beverage section. It can be substituted with apple cider, rice wine or I think pineapple juice.
1/2 kilo fresh shrimps
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
1/2 tsp. red chili powder
1 tsp. powdered ginger
1 tsp. powdered star anise
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. dry sherry
2 Tbsp. water
How to cook Spicy Shrimps:
- Wash shrimps and trim the head by cutting the antenna and spikes.
- Strain in a colander or pat dry with paper towels.
- In a skillet, heat oil and stir fry shrimps over high heat until color becomes pinkish.
- Then add all the seasoning, the red chili powder, ginger, star anise, sesame oil, salt, sugar, dry sherry and water.
- Cook until liquid dries up. Serve hot.