Sinanglay na Tilapia
Sinanglay na tilapia is stewed tilapia fish in coconut milk with pechay and tomatoes. What make this special is the addition of crab fat or roe. Crab fat or crab roe is actually the yellow fat deposit on the upper shell of shore crab or talangka. Also commonly called taba ng talangka which are sold in jars.
1 kilo tilapia (3 pcs/kilo)
2 cups coconut milk
100 gms tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
6 pcs native pechay
1/4 tsp iodized salt
4 tbsp crab fat or roe (taba ng talangka)
How to Sinanglay Na Tilapia
- Clean tilapia and remove scales.
- Slice at the back and fill in the tomatoes, ginger and onion.
- Wrap tilapia in native pechay and let boil in coconut milk.
- Flavor with crab fat or roe.
- Add salt and simmer until done.