Short Ribs Sweet Style
This beef short ribs recipe is easy to cook. Just marinate with soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, spring onion and black pepper then grill or broil. Since beef unlike pork is tougher, it is recommended not to overcook it. If possible a medium rare doneness is desired but for us Pinoys, we usually cook our food well done.
- 1 kilo Beef short ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Before marinating your beef short ribs, score an "X" mark in the meat portion, cutting almost to the bone.
- To prepare the marinade, combine all ingredients and mix until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour over beef short ribs, turning them occasionally to coat them evenly.
- Marinate for at least two hours before cooking.
- Grill marinated beef short ribs over live coals or broil until done as desired.
- Baste with marinate while grilling once or twice on each side. Serve.