Rellenong Talong (Stuffed Eggplant Omelette)
Thanks to the simplicity of this stuffed eggplant because this recipe is easy to cook. And the ingredients are very basic and few. The only tedious part is broiling the eggplants because you have to light up the charcoal just to broil it. But some use fire on top of the LPG fueled stove to broil it which is more practical. Great to be served as viand on lunch or dinner.
- 4 to 5 pcs small eggplants
- ¼ kilo ground pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. MSG
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cooking oil for frying
- Broil eggplant, peel but retain the crown and steam. Set aside.
- Saute garlic until brown. Add onion. Stir cook for 2 minutes, then add ground pork, season with a little salt and MSG.
- Saute for 2 minutes, then add ¼ cup water.
- Cover. Simmer until it dries then set aside.
- Cool the mixture for a few minutes then mix in the flour to bind the mixture.
- Slit eggplant lengthwise till it lays flat.
- Spread sauteed mixture on top of the eggplant and pour the beaten egg on top again.
- Fry until golden brown. Serve with catsup.