This is a healthy fish recipe using poaching as a cooking method. Poaching is a type of moist heat cooking technique that involves cooking by submerging it in liquid, such as water, milk, stock or wine. White flesh fish like sole and sturgeon fish (labahita) are best for poaching. Slice the fish into 1/2 inch thick fillets and poach them in single strips or pairs without crowding the pan.
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon or calamansi juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 kilo fish fillet ( any white flesh fish like labahita, sole, lapu-lapu)
How to cook poached fish:
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a wide, heavy frying pan, and bring to a low simmer.
- Arrange fish fillets in a single layer in a pan. Cover pan.
- Cook fish for 6 minutes, then with slotted spoon, transfer fish to serving dish.
- Boil juices in pan until medium thick.
- Pour over fish and serve or discard pan juices and serve fish with desired sauce or topping.