Pinais Na Hipong Ilog
1/2 kilo fresh water shrimps (hipong ilog)
2 cup young coconut, buko, grated
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 to 2 pcs wilted banana leaves
2 pcs banana leaves
2 cup buko water
How to cook Pinais Na Hipong Ilog
- Wash shrimps very well.Trim heads. Combine with grated buko, salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions. Place 1 portion of mixture in banana leaf.
- Top with 1 or 2 banana leaves.Wrap and secure with string. Do the same for the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange wrapped shrimp mixture in a saucepan. Pour buko water. Boil until shrimps are cooked.
- Drain from broth. Let cool and dry. Put each wrapped shrimp over live charcoal and broil until banana leaves are partially burned or broil in preheated oven.
- Unwrap and serve hot. Serves 6.