Pan Fried Shrimp (Gambas Ala Plancha)
A very simple and quick cooking shrimp that you can cook anytime. These pan fried shrimp are sauteed with garlic and gin in olive oil. I think this is also a variation of nilasing na hipon or drunken shrimps but this recipe is simpler because you don’t have to make batter and deep fry the shrimps.
- ¼ kilo fresh shrimp (about 1 and ½ inch size) Washed and antennae removed and drained
- 2 tbsp. gin or vodka
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- How to cook Pan Fried Shrimp
- Soak shrimp in gin with salt for about 2 hours then drain.
- In a thick frying pan and over low fire, saute garlic in olive oil until light golden brown.
- With a slotted spoon, remove garlic and set aside.
- Increase heat to high and when oil begins to smoke, stir in shrimp until they are deep orange.
- Return garlic to pan, toss for 1 minute, then serve hot.