Menudo is a all time favorite Filipino dish and serve usually in special occasions. It is a pork stew consists of cubed carrots, potatoes, pork liver, pork meat, garbanzos and raisins.
There are many variation of cooking menudo and it depends in the region. Some variation includes hotdogs or green peas. So it depends whether you want to omit or include those ingredients.
- 2 cup diced pork
- 1 cup diced liver
- 3 potatoes, diced
- ½ cup garbanzos
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes
- 3 segments garlic, pounded
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ cup diced red and green pepper
- ½ tsp. (pimiento) paprika
- 2 tablespoon lard
- salt to taste
- Cook pork in water until tender. Dice. Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes in lard.
- Add pork and liver and continue sauteing for 5 minutes. Add water, salt, and pimentos.
- Then add potatoes, raisins, red and green pepper, and cooked garbanzos.
- Cook until potatoes are done. Season to taste. Good for 6 to 8 persons.