This recipe barbecues marinated shrimps in mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, curry powder, onion, ginger, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, white wine and dry vermouth. Actually the names martooni is also martini which is a cocktail drink made with the combination of gin and vermouth garnished with olive and lemon twist. Maybe when you get too drunk with martini you will say martooni.
To cook martooni shrimp; Combine all the ingredients except shrimp and mix well. Marinate shrimp in the mixture for 3-6 hours. Skewer shrimp into barbecue sticks. Barbecue shrimp 2 minutes on each side being careful not to overcook (or it will be tough and dry). To see complete recipe with lists of ingredients in exact measurements, scroll down below.
- ½ kilo medium shrimp or prawns, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro (kinchay)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 and ½ teaspoons curry powder (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except shrimp and mix well.
- Marinate shrimp in the mixture for 3-6 hours.
- Skewer shrimp into barbecue sticks.
- Barbecue shrimp 2 minutes on each side being careful not to overcook (or it will be tough and dry).