Skinless Longganisa de Hamon
This longganisa is one of the simplest kinds of longganisa you can make right in your own kitchen. Since it is skinless, you don’t need to use pork intestines to form the longganisa. But honestly, longganisa with pork intestine casing are more appetizing and tastes better in my opinion.
1 1/2 kilos pork kasim (pork shoulder)
2 Tbsp. rock salt
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
5 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/8 tsp. salitre
1/4 cup white wine
How to make Longganisa de Hamon:
- Remove tough outer skin of the pork, leaving the fatty layer.
- Grind the pork finely or pass thru the steel blade of a food processor.
- In a large bowl combine the ground pork and the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator a few hours or overnight.
- Cut squares of waxed paper about 6 x 4 inches. Form pork mixture into logs and roll in waxed paper.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Makes 48 skinless longganisa.