Lengua asado is very similar to lengua estofado the only big difference is the tomato sauce. Instead of tomato sauce, lengua asado contains soy sauce. This is a very simple legua dish that you can cook and it can be served in any special occasion or in weekends if it suits your budget. Since ox tongue is expensive it is definitely can only be served in special occasions.
1 1/2 kilo ox toungue, cleaned
3 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
1 pc red onion, sliced
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 cup ox tongue broth
1 can whole mushrooms, drained
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup olives, drained
How to cook Lengua Asado:
- Put ox tongue in pressure cooker and fill it with water just enough to cover the tongue.
- Cover pressure cooker and boil the cleaned ox tongue until tender. Drain and let cool.
- Slice the tongue into 1/4 inch thick then set aside.
- In a casserole, melt butter and saute garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the sliced tongue, soy sauce, beef broth and mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add olives and continue to simmer for a minute. Serve hot.