Labahita Fillet Creole
A delicious baked fish fillet made from chopped tomatoes, butter, celery, green pepper, bread crumbs and lemon slices. A very simple baked fish recipe that you can make in any occasions. You can substitute labahita fillet with any kind of white flesh fish such as tilapia, lapu-lapu or cream dory if you can’t find labahita.
- 1 kilo Labahita fillet or any large fish fillet
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ¼ kilo tomatoes, sliced
- ½ bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 cup stale bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 7 whole, black peppercorns
- 8 thin slices lemon
- Heat butter or margarine in a frying pan and saute the onions, celery, and green pepper for five minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf and parsley and simmer for ten minutes. Stir in bread crumbs, salt, and peppercorns.
- Arrange half the fish in the bottom of a buttered casserole dish. Cover with part of the tomato mixture and 4 slices of lemon.
- Add the remaining fish and spread over the rest of the sauce and lemon slices.
- Bake uncovered in a 180 °C (350 °F) oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Good for 4 to 6 persons.