Labahita Fillet Creole
1 kilo Labahita fillet or any large fish fillet
2 tbsps butter or margarine
2 onions, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 lb tomatoes, sliced
1/2 bay leaf
2 tbsps parsley, chopped
1 cup stale bread crumbs
1 tsp. salt
7 whole, black peppercorns
8 thin slices lemon
How to cook Labahita Fillet Creole
- Heat butter or margarine in a frying pan and saute the onions, celery, and green pepper for five minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf and parsley and simmer for ten minutes. Stir in bread crumbs, salt, and peppercorns.
- Arrange half the fish in the bottom of a buttered casserole dish. Cover with part of the tomato mixture and 4 slices of lemon.
- Add the remaining fish and spread over the rest of the sauce and lemon slices. Bake uncovered in a 180 deg C (350 deg F) oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Good for 4 to 6 persons.
Categories: Fish Recipes
- Goat Meat Stew – Caldereta de Cabrito
- Sinigang na Tanigue sa Sampalok (Spanish Mackerel in Tamarind Broth)
- Tinumok Recipe (Shrimp Mixture Wrap in Taro Leaves)
- Bulanglang Kapampangan (Prawns and Pork in Sour Broth)
- Beef Kalderata with Beer
- Stuffed Crab in Coconut Milk (Rellenong Alimasag sa Gata)
- Prawn Casserole
- Adobong Pusit (Squid Adobo) with Olive Oil
- Fried Lumpiang Chinoy
- Rellenong Alimasag (Stuffed Blue Crab)
About Panlasang Pinoy Meat Recipes
Filipino recipes that specializes in all kinds of red meat like pork, beef, chicken, duck, veal or turkey