Holiday Pork Steak
Transform your ordinary pork chops into an elegant dish for this coming Christmas or New Years celebration! This pork chop dish consist of wrapped pork chops with honey cured bacon then marinated with lemon juice, wine and Worcestershire sauce then baked. It is also garnished with fried veggies in butter and poured with red wine sauce.
8 slices pork chops, debone and remove the skin
400 grams honey-cured bacon
5 tsp. butter
1 pc onions, sliced into rings
1 pc carrot, sliced
1 pc red bell pepper, slice into strips
1 pc green bell pepper, slice into strips
2 tsp. red wine
1/4 cups Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. calamansi or lemon juice
How to cook Holiday Pork Steak:
- Blend together all marinade ingredients and marinade pork chops overnight.
- Wrap each pork chop slice with strips of bacon.
- Secure carefully with strings. Then preheat overn to 350 °F.
- Bake pork chops in baking dish for 30 minutes.
- Pan fry onions, bell peppers and carrots in butter to brown.
- Then arrange pork chops in serving platter and pour pan fried veggies on top.
- Set aside.
To cook the sauce:
1-1/2 cup water
2 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
1/4 cup red wine
1 tsp. calamansi or lemon juice
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
To make the sauce:
- In a small saucepan boil bouillon cubes in water.
- Add wine, calamansi juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in cornstarch and continue cooking until thick.
- Pour sauce on top of garnished pork slices. Serve hot.