Gambas or sauteed shrimps in garlic chili oil is a very tasty appetizer and a viand too. You can buy garlic chili oil in big supermarkets but you can also make your own. It is very simple and easy to make it. Just peel about 1/2 cup of garlic and combine with 1/8 cup red chili peppers and 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Put it in a blender until the garlic and chilies are finely chopped. Then put in heated frying pan and fry the chili garlic until it turns to brown.
- 80 grams gambas
- 30 grams red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 and ½ tbsp garlic chili oil
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- 30 grams green bell pepper, julienne
- 1 tsp garlic, toasted
- 1 tsp finger chili, chopped
- Peel and slit gambas at the back part and devein. Saute garlic in garlic chili oil.
- Add in gambas and bell peppers. Saute for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with toasted garlic and finger chili. Serve.