1 pc regular-sized duck
2-1/4 c water
2 Tbsp. rock salt
1 thumb-size ginger sliced
1 stalk celery sliced 1 inch-size
2 cup cooking oil
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 pcs hot chili pepper
1 tsp. salt
- Clean duck very well. Simmer duck in water, salt, ginger and celery stalk for about 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- Drain and dry in paper towel.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Serve hot with sauce.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Simmer while stirring continuously, until sauce thickens. Serves 6.