1.5 kgs. whole maya-maya
10 grams garlic, minced
20 grams onion, chopped
20 grams ginger, sliced or julienned
30 grams red and green bell pepper, julienned
10 grams yellow ginger, juiced
1 cup vinegar
100 grams sugar
300 grams grated green papaya
Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Escabecheng Maya-Maya
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Fry fish in oil and keep warm.
- Saute garlic, onion and ginger. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add red and green bell pepper, yellow ginger juice, vinegar, sugar and grated green papaya.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange fish on an oval platter. Pour sauce over it.