Embutido with Honey Mustard Sauce
This classic embotido is mixed with chunks of sweet ham and topped with a mixture of mayonnaise, luscious honey and mustard. Can be served as is, as viand or as a sandwich by using the embotido cuts with a generous amount of mayonnaise.
1/2 kilo ground pork
100 grams sweet ham, diced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. garlic
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. onion, minced
3 Tbsp. bell pepper, chopped
3 Tbsp. carrots, chopped
How to make Embutido:
- Combine all the ingredients. Mix well.
- Make a log shape then wrap and roll in an aluminum foil. Seal the edges well.
- Steam the embotido for about 30 minutes.
- Before serving: unwrap and slice the embotido and arrange in a platter.
- Pour honey mustard sauce (see recipe below) over or serve in a small saucer as dipping sauce.
For the Honey Mustard Sauce Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. mustard
1 cup mayonnaise
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Use as dipping sauce or pour over embotido.