Crispy Chili Chicken with Potato Chips
Who would think that potato chips can be added as an ingredient to baked chicken? I’m sure kids at heart will love this chicken because it is so crispy and crunchy and the fact that it is coated with potato chips will make them crave. Since this is spicy I don’t think it is suitable to kids. You can omit chili and replace the sauce with catsup.
1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed potato chips
1/2 tsp. iodized salt
2 tsp. chili powder
1-1/2 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/3 cup evaporated milk
Sweet and spicy sauce or sweet chili sauce
How to cook Crispy Chili Chicken with Potato Chips:
- Heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C ). Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine potato chips, iodized salt, chili powder in a flat dish.
- Dip chicken pieces in evaporated milk then roll them in potato chips mixture to coat all sides.
- Put in prepared baking pan, skin side up and bake for about 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is very tender.
- Serve with sweet and spicy sauce or sweet chili sauce.