Crab Meat Casserole
Crab meat casserole is a simple dish that does not require baking. Only a simple stir frying and simmering of the ingredients.
1/2 kilo crab meat
50 grams butter
4 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tsp. grated onion
2 tomatoes, skinned and thinly sliced
salt and red chili pepper powder
1 cup all-purpose cream
2 tsp. finely chopped parsley
1 tsp. finely cut chives or green onion
3 Tbsp. brandy
1/2 cup cooked rice
How to cook Crab Meat Casserole:
- Heat a fire proof casserole and melt butter, then add mushroom and stir fry for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add onion and tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then add the crab meat, leaving it in as large lumps as possible.
- Season with salt and chili pepper and continue stir cooking then add the cream and stir gently.
- Boil for a minute then add the parsley, green onion and brandy.
- Serve hot in a soup plate containing a spoonful of rice.