Coconut Crusted Tilapia Fillets
Tilapia fillets is the most versatile and readily available fish fillets. The meat is also fine textured and have a little sweetness. Frying the breaded fillet with desiccated coconut gives more crunchiness and nutty flavor that not even Japanese breadcrumbs or Panko breadcrumbs can achieve.
1 kilo tilapia fillets
2 tbsp. granulated seasoning or Magic sarap
1 to 2 cups all-purpose flour (for breading)
2 eggs, beaten
1 to 2 cups desiccated coconut
cooking oil for deep frying
How to cook Coconut Crusted Tilapia Fillets:
- Thaw the frozen fish fillet first if you bought it frozen.
- If you want to make your own fillets from fresh tilapia, remove the skin.
- Season and coat the tilapia fillet with Magic Sarap.
- Dredge the fillet with flour, then dip in beaten egg, then roll in desiccated coconut.
- Deep fry each fillet in cooking oil until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on a colander or strainer. You can also use paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve with mayonnaise dipping or tomato salsa.