Chili Con Carne Spaghetti
A combination of chili con carne and spaghetti pasta is a little creative. Since chili con carne is very similar to spaghetti meat sauce, using chili con carne as a spaghetti sauce is a good variation of the usual spaghetti sauce. Chili con carne is also very spicy so I think only adults can appreciate this.
- 2 Tbsp. corn oil
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- ¼ kilo ground beef
- 1 cup red kidney beans, boiled until soft
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 630 grams spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ kilo spaghetti pasta, cooked as per package instructions
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- grated cheddar cheese
- In a skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chili flakes and toast about 1 minute.
- Add ground beef and cook until beef browns.
- Add kidney beans. Season with pepper. Pour in spaghetti sauce and water.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over cooked pasta. Garnish with tomatoes and sprinkle cheese on top before serving.