Chicken Scallion Kebabs
Another creative recipe I have here is the chicken scallion kebabs. It mimics the bamboo skewers by using scallion stalks and by wrapping pieces of chicken fillet to represent chicken kebabs. The scallion not only used as skewers but it also add flavor to the grilled chicken. Since scallion are soft, you can’t use it as a handle while grilling unlike bamboo or metal skewers. You will need a pair of tongs.
1/2 kilo chicken breast fillet
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp ginger, minced
1 tsp. garlic powder
olive oil or corn oil
How to make Chicken Scallion Kebabs:
- In a small bowl, whisk together low sodium soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder.
- Reserve half a cup of the marinade to use as a dipping sauce.
- Slice the chicken fillet into 1/2 inch thick and at least 2 inches wide.
- Get 1 to 3 pcs scallion stalks and wrap around the chicken fillet on scallion and secure with a toothpick.
- Wrap 2 pcs of fillet in tandem on the scallion stalks to resemble a kebabs.
- Brush the remaining marinade all over the chicken-scallion skewers and marinate for an hour.
- Grill kebabs 5 to 7 minutes turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
- Brush olive oil or corn oil on all sides while cooking.
- Garnish the reserved dipping sauce with sesame seeds and serve alongside scallion skewers.