Chicken Liver Sauté (Guisadong Atay ng Manok)
Chicken liver saute is a simple yet appetizing dish that you can cook in just a few minutes. Chicken liver does not require long cooking time and as much as possible it should only be half-cooked because it will become tough and hard if overcooked. But since chicken have live micro organisms like salmonella, it should be cooked well. Cooking it requires only sauteing the garlic and onion together with the chicken liver. Then simmer it with soy sauce, salt and pepper for a few minutes on medium fire. Great to serve it with steaming rice and small bowl of soup.
To cook guisadong atay ng manok; Wash chicken liver very well and place in a strainer to remove water. In hot oil, sauté garlic, onions, and chicken liver for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, salt, and pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes more over medium heat. To see the complete recipe with lists of ingredients in exact measurements, continue reading.
- ½ kilo chicken liver (halved)
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 big onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- pinch of pepper
- Wash chicken liver very well and place in a strainer to remove water.
- In hot oil, sauté garlic, onions, and chicken liver for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, salt, and pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes more over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.