Chicken and Pork Afritada Recipe
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/2 kilo pork kasim (shoulder), cubed
2 large onions, quartered
1+1/2 kilos very ripe tomatoes, quartered
1 whole head garlic, pricked all over with a toothpick
2 pieces bay leaf
3 tablespoons native vinegar
4 pieces potatoes, quartered
2 red peppers, cut into strips
2 green peppers, cut into strips
salt to taste
freshly ground pepper
How to cook afritada:
- In a large casserole, brown meat. Remove, and set aside.
- Salts onions and tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are very soft.
- Return meat. Add whole garlic, bay leaves and vinegar. Simmer till meat is half cooked.
- Add potatoes and cook till tender. Add red and green peppers in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper. 8 servings.