Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Stuffing
A delicious stuffed beef tenderloin without the need for an oven. A pan is all you need to cook this recipe and of course the complete list of ingredients as well. With the mushroom stuffing, you can use any kind of edible fresh mushrooms like button mushrooms, straw mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom or oyster mushrooms.
1 1/2 kilo beef tenderloin
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup butter or vegetable oil
1 small glass brandy
1 bay leaf
1 pinch thyme
1 medium size onion, thinly sliced
10 pcs fresh mushrooms
sliced mushrooms and parsley for garnishing
salt to taste
How to cook Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Stuffing:
- Marinate the beef in white wine overnight.
- Melt the butter in a pan; add the brandy, bay leaf, thyme, and salt to taste.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking.
- Meanwhile drain the beef, putting aside the marinade.
- Make an incision on the narrow side of the beef with a sharp knife.
- Stuff with mushrooms, seal the two end with two pieces of meat from the inside of the fillet and tie the meat with strings to keep the stuffing inside.
- Brown the fillet on all sides in the remaining butter or oil and baste it with some wine from the marinade then cover the pan.
- Lower the heat and continue cooking for about 40 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve the steak sliced and garnished with whole mushrooms sauteed in butter and sprigs of parsley.