Want to try cooking something different? why not try beef rolls? No these are not bread roll stuffed with beef but beef slices stuffed with hotdog slices and pork fat. You can substitute the filling on what ever you like as long as it will compliment with the sauce. The stuffing of beef is done by slicing the beef sirloin and form it into 2″ x 2″ square. Then lay it flat on a surface, fill it with the slices of what ever stuffing you want, then roll it like a spring roll then secure it with the toothpick. Once the beef is cooked it will stay that way with the filling inside even if you remove the toothpick.
1 kilo beef sirloin, thinly sliced (2″ x 2″ size)
1/4 kilo pork fat, cut into strips
2 pcs hotdog, julienne
2 cups pineapple juice
2 pcs onions, chopped
1/4 cup garlic, chopped
2 pcs tomatoes, chopped
3 pcs potatoes, diced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 Tbsp. sugar
How to cook Beef Rolls:
- In a platter, place each beef slice with pork fat and 2 strips of hotdog at the center.
- Roll and seal with a toothpick. Do the same with the rest.
- In a heated casserole, arrange the beef rolls. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Boil and simmer over moderate heat for one hour or until the meat is tender. Adjust the seasonings.
- Remove toothpicks. Serve hot with garnishing.