Beef Caldereta with Tofu
Another variation of beef caldereta is this recipe beef caldereta with tofu. It is still the beef caldereta that we are already familiar with. Just an addition of fried cubed tofu. You can also omit the beef if you want to make a vegetarian caldereta and put more tofu or vegemeat.
1/4 kilo lean beef, cubed
3 cups water
1 tsp. fine salt
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 large tofu, cubed
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 pc onion, chopped
3 pcs tomatoes, chopped
1 pc potato, quartered
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. chili hot sauce
1-1/2 cup beef broth or dissolve 1 beef bouillon in 1-1/2 cup water
1 small can liver paste
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 pc red bell pepper, sliced
1 can green peas
How to cook Beef Caldereta with Tofu:
- In a saucepan, boil meat and add salt then simmer until tender.
- Meanwhile, pan fry the tofu cubes until the skin is light brown. Set aside.
- Then saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes until soft.
- Add the cooked meat cubes, tofu, potatoes and seasonings. Pour in beef broth.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender then add liver spread and tomato sauce.
- Add the bell peppers and green peas then simmer again until the sauce is slightly thick.
- Serve hot.