Beef Broccoli Stir Fry
Beef broccoli is really an Asian dish and it is obvious because some of the ingredients are not indigenous in the Philippines. Oyster sauce and broccoli are examples although oyster sauce are already locally produced and broccoli are locally grown and harvested. Most beef broccoli recipes marinate and stir fry the raw beef but the recipe I got here is boiled first until tender (boiling is commonly a Pinoy way of tenderizing the meat) to make sure the beef is tender if somehow you can’t find tenderloin or sirloin.
- 1 kilo beef, slice into strips
- ½ kilo broccoli, sliced
- 4 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 beef broth cube
- ½ head garlic, minced
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the brocolli for about 3 minutes, remove from water and set aside.
- Place beef in a casserole or pot then put salt and pepper.
- Boil the beef in 2 cups water until tender. Add water if necessary then remove from the broth and set aside.
- In a saucepan saute onion, garlic and the beef . Stir fry for a few seconds then add ½ cup of the broth.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and beef broth cube and stir cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the broccoli and stir cook for a few seconds then serve hot.